Prior to the recent Coronavirus pandemic, Connect2Education staff worked with students in a variety of settings; private homes, residential homes, school premises, libraries, and other public spaces, such as Children’s Centres. Throughout the National Lockdown period and up to the current time of publication, Connect2Education offer on-line education provision, via Zoom.
Our One to One provision on Zoom has been successful with children and young people who may be especially anxious about returning to a school or educational setting. Online teaching can also support children and young people who may be ‘in between’ placements or awaiting confirmation of Educational and Healthcare plans.
Connect2Education teachers will work with the child or young person online to support the continuation of their formal education. Working online with a consistent teacher can support a child or young person in raising their confidence levels and increasing their engagement in education. Some children and young people progress to a point where they feel confident to begin a transition back into a physical educational setting.
Some of the students we have worked with online have come into the centre at Stokesley to meet their teachers in person. This has worked well as a transition point prior to moving back into a full-time school setting.
We also work online offering booster sessions to children and young people who may be out of school for medical reasons.
Our teachers are thoughtfully matched to the needs of each student.
What do we teach online?
GCSE English Literature, GCSE English Language, GCSE Maths, GCSE Biology, Physics and Chemistry, GCSE History GCSE French
German, French, Humanities, English Literature & Language, Maths, Science, PSHE, Textiles & Art (in centre only)
Benefits of commissioning our Online teaching services:
- Straightforward referral form.
- The teachers at Connect2Education are fully qualified with specialist knowledge of teaching children and young people with additional needs.
- We are experienced in working with parents and carers to ensure clear communication for all parties. All parties receive our online policy with safeguarding rules for online teaching.
- We liaise directly with parents/carers to arrange suitable delivery times.
- We provide and Individual Education Report for each session taught.
- Our packages can be flexible to fit in with other provisions such as college day release reach programs.
To discuss any aspect of our provision, contact
Maxine Tasker Head of Teaching & Learning
Julie Phillips SEN Consultant & Teacher
Contact: 01642 961230